Thursday, June 26, 2014

Beers - Doggy Style!




Hola beer peeps! I’m Moe Pug. I hijacked Beerploma to let all you dog lovers out there know that we pups like to go out for beers too! Well, obviously we are too young to drink (evidently you humans refuse to acknowledge dog years at bars!), but we love getting all cleaned up and going out on the town with our beer lovin’ humans. So, my big brother Maverick and I hit the streets to check out some pawesome dog friendly patios where our mom and pop can get a tasty craft beer.

(Maverick and I hitting the streets!)

First we hit up 612Brew. They have a really pawesome patio with all sorts of different tables, a fountain thingy, and of course great beer! The patio is big enough so we were able to find our own table out of the way a bit from the other peeps. My humans each had a flight of beers. I didn’t know beers could fly! He-he... ok, back to it... All were great beers, but the one problem was that by the time they got to the last beer it was pretty warm. That ain’t the breweries fault though, it was like a gazillion degrees out! Next time, maybe a pint at a time. Or, papa could quit being a sissy and drink faster. Either way this is a great patio to bring us furbuddies to and they have great beers!

(612 Patio)


(612 Flight)

(Maverick on 612's Patio)
(Maverick and Papa at 612)

Next I decided to lead my pack over to Indeed Brewing Co. It was less than a mile walk from 612 with plenty of things for me to pee on along the way. When we got to Indeed’s patio this nice lady brought my brother and I each a bowl of tasty cold water. The bowls even had Indeed’s logo all over them, just like the pint glasses. Nice touch!

(Maverick having a drink at Indeed)


Papa and moms had a special beer at Indeed. It was a Mojito Shenanigans. They infuse Shenanigans, which is their summer ale, with lime juice, pineapple juice, and mint. Pretty refreshing on a hot summer day and a perfect patio beer! This stuff must have been pretty dang good cuz mama wouldn’t shut up about it!

(Mojito Shenanigans at Indeed)

On the way home Pops wouldn’t stop complaining about how hungry he was. So, I took him to The Happy Gnome in Saint Paul to shut him up... He can get a bit cranky if you don’t feed him when he is hungry. They have a really nice patio. In fact this patio was Maverick’s fav of the day, probably cuz papa gave him a french fry for being a good dog all day. The nice lady here gave us a bowl of water too, which was good cuz I did a lot of walking... Aaaand as you can see, I am a bit... well... let’s say plump.
(I needed a little drink in the shade)

The Happy Gnome has 76 craft beers on tap and a bunch in bottles as well! That is freakin huge! The food was tasty as well. Papa ordered poutine with wild game gravy and sweet and sour pork wings to go along with his Hell or High Water Mellon beer. I had one of the fries from the poutine... Dude, they are dang tasty!
(My brother kickin it at the Happy Gnome)

At this point I think we were all ready for a couch and some AC, so we hit Dennis Brothers Liquors in Cottage Grove for some beers to bring back home. The peeps here were really nice to me and Maverick. They gave us head scratches and we each got a cookie! This place has a boat load of top notch beers too. They are a member of Sidewalk Dogs, which is a great site to discover places to bring us pups. Papa made his selections with help from the pawesome staff and we headed home. 

(I wish I had thumbs so I could open the door to Dennis Bros!)

All and all a pretty durn good day for a pug like me! My brother and I got some exercise, some belly rubs, plenty of water, got to pee on all sorts of stuffs, and even got a french fry! And of course ma and pa got some fine craft beers. So next time you decide to go have some beers on a patio on a nice sunny day, don’t forget your furbuddy cuz we love doing that stuffs too!
Moe Pug OUT!!!





2 comments:

  1. Town Hall Brewery's patio is dog friendly as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there are a BUNCH of em in the cities! Gonna have to let Moe take me to some more of them soon!

      Delete