Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cooking With Beer: Great Football Gameday Snacks!

First off let me apologize for my absence.  I have only written one article in the last two months, and I promise you that I will get back on track.  And thank you Andy for keeping our blog fresh and exciting in my absence.  For those of you who don't know we are in the process of building an audience for our Podcast show "2 Growlers".  If you haven't seen it I highly recommend that you do, just follow this link.

We have an upcoming episode where we cook up some great tail gate snacks using beer.  I promised I would post the recipes.

The first is from the book "Cooking With Beer":
 

Sweet and Spicy Beer Nuts:

2 Cups of Pecan Halves
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Chili Powder (I would actually use a LOT more)
2 tsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1/4 Ground Red Pepper (again, I would use a lot more)
1/2 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Cup of Beer

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. Mix first six ingredients in a bowl and spread out on a baking sheet. 
  3. Toast for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
  4. Combine sugar and beer.  Heat over medium heat until 250 F on a candy thermometer, or until thick.  Be careful of boil overs!
  5. Remove from heat, stir in the toasted nuts.  Spread nuts on baking sheet (I put down wax paper), separate clusters, and let cool.

Check out our show here:


No comments:

Post a Comment